Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Invicta

I have an Invicta watch that I adore. One day I decided to take a picture of it in some arty way. Earlier that day, I had watched a video of photographers making very painting-like scenes by combining different shots of the same scene lit in a different way. I wanted to try a similar thing.
What I did was set my camera to a 10 second exposure and light the watch for about half the time with an LED pen straight from the top. Then, before the 10 seconds run out, I lit a Zippo lighter on the side to give the picture warm light to contrast the coldness of the LED. The only manipulation was to cut the fluorescent hands from a completely dark (without light source) picture of the watch and paste them to the doubly lit shot to get this very fluorescent hands effect. The rest is the shot as it was captured. The surface under is a simple nylon gym bag. I think this is one of my most successful photos, and probably the most planned one.

No comments:

Post a Comment